Although the Arizona Interscholastic Association is allowing the 2019-2020 school year pre-participation physical for the 2020-20221 school year, the AFUHSD strongly encourages student-athletes have a current physical on file. The importance of current health information and history is vital to appropriately treating potential injuries and/or illnesses.
In order to submit a 19-20 pre-participation physical for 20-21 school year the following criteria must be met:
- Athlete has a 2019-2020 AIA sports physical on file with the school he/she is attending for 2020-2021.
- Athlete did not have any new injury or illness requiring outside medical evaluation or if injury did occur, was released for full athletic participation by a medical professional.
- Athlete did not have a concussion.
- Athlete did not receive a new medical diagnosis.
- Athlete has not had COVID -19.
Families who submit the 19-20 pre-participation physical are required to update page 3/Health History.
Incoming 9th grade students and any transfer student is required to submit a current pre-participation physical.